So, I have been debating about whether or not I was going to write this post, but in the end I decided that would. I don’t really like making New Year’s Resolutions or hearing people talk about what they want to change about themselves, their lives, or making plans about things they want to accomplish in the new year- mostly because I am of the mind set that January isn’t some “magical” day a year that somehow resets and washes a person clean. If you’re a Christian, that day happened a long time ago. We should live everyday as new creations!
Another problems I have found with making plans is that God is going to take you places that you never imagined, places where it is impossible to make plans.
With all of this in mind, This is what I am doing to grow in 2015
In 2015 I am…
- Doing the 2015 in 2015 Declutter Challenge. I have been dipping my toes into minimalism, but this year I am going to emabrace it. You can read about the challenge Here.
- Doing the 2015 Reading Challenge by PopSugar. I am doing this challenge with my dear friend Nicole in order to expand our reading horizen. You can read about the challenge Here.
- Doing Month at a Glance. You can track your goals/habits on a monthly, weekly, and daily base all on the same page. I LOVE checking off boxes, so this works really well for me. You can print out your own free sheet Here.
- Taking a picture everyday. On Dec. 31st I want to be able to look back at a bunch of memories I wouldn’t have otherwise.
- Going to live a joyful and simple lifestyle. This means being content where God has me, keeping my life as simple as possible in order to have more time focusing on Christ. (This is going to be a looong journey)
- Going to work on having a gentle and loving spirit. I have always had a harsh, rough, and selfish spirit which is not glorifying to God. So this year (and the years to come) I am going to be changing my heart with the grace, love, mercy, and power of God.
So there you have it! This may sound like a lot, but I keep all of these printables on a single clipboard and reminders of my desire to live a joyful, simple lifestyle and to have a gentle, loving spirit on an index card which is also kept on the clipboard.
What are doing in 2015?