20 minutes before I had to leave for class and I was at a loss at what to pack to eat. I remembered that last night after a performance of Peter Pan, we got a huge bundle of Kale. I then set out to make one of my favorite snacks. Lately I’ve been trying to eat more healthily, which is not necessarily always the outcome, but I’m cutting corners and eventually I will be a lean, mean healthy machine! Well, maybe not, but I’m trying!
I love Kale Chips. To me, they are so much more satisfying than potato chips and I don’t feel guilty eating them! My step-mom and I tend to be the only ones who are motivated and like to eat healthy. I can never get my dad to try my “healthy” creations and my sisters take small, tentative bites with a grudge.
Not 30 seconds after I pulled them out of the oven, Calista walks into the Kitchen, sneers, and says “Eww, smells like something green in here!” I didn’t know “green” had a smell, but I guess I love it! I forced a chip down both Calista and Cora’s throats, and I got a thumbs up from both of them! That’s how I knew it was safe to post the recipe for you to enjoy!
- 3 Kale Leafs (large leaf)
- Olive oil
- Preheat over to 400F. Wash and pat-dry Kale. Cut off stems.
- Cut Kale into chip size pieces and put into bowl. Drizzle oil over leaves and toss with hands. Make sure each leaf is thoroughly covered.
- Lay leaves in a single layer on Aluminium foil-lined pan. Sprinkle salt over batch. Bake for 5-10 minutes or until completely flattened against pan.
- And as if I needed to say this, enjoy!!