Happy Dance! Woot! Woot! Par-tay!!!
Do your eyes deceive you?! Is there really such a thing as good gluten free Mozzarella sticks?! Today, my friends, is a good Friday!
To answer all of your questions, Yes. There is such a thing
Melted cheese coated in crunchy goodness, come on people! It’s time to celebrate!
My sister Calista and I got a craving for these little pretties yesterday, but we haven’t had them in forever because… well… need I explain? THEY ARE COATED IN WHEAT!
But not any more!
I don’t know if I should trust you guys with this recipe…. It’s pretty spectacular… hmmm…
Oh OK! If you insist!
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- White String Cheese Sticks, cut in half
- Gluten Free Panko Flakes
- 1/2 cup Pamela’s baking flour (You can use any brand, but Pamela’s is our favorite)
- 1 egg
- Corn Oil
- 2 pinches dried basil
- 2 pinches dried marjoram
- 2 pinches dried oregano
- 2 pinches dried rosemary
- 2 pinches dried sage
- 2 pinches dried thyme
- 2 pinches dried parsley
1. Preheat a large pan filled with about 1/2 inch to 1 inch of oil. Heat
over medium low.
2. Mix flour and seasonings together in one bowl. Beat the egg in a second bowl. And Place panko flakes in a third bowl.
3. Roll the cheese sticks in the flour until covered.
4. Dip cheese sticks in beaten egg and cover completely.
5. Dip cheese sticks in the breadcrumbs and roll to cover completely.
6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 a second time with each cheese stick.
7. Place the mozzarella sticks (a few at a time) into the preheated oil and fry until crispy and browned.
8. Repeat with remaining mozzarella sticks.
9. Keep mozzarella sticks warm in an oven set at 200 degrees F. Or you can microwave them for 30 seconds to warm them before serving.
10. Enjoy plain or dipped in ranch or marinara sauce.
After writing all of that, I might just have to go make some more! Hope you all enjoy this recipe as much as we do!